In my last blog post, I talked about the concept of a Miracle Morning (a book by Hal Elrod). Here are some tools I’ve found that help with the routine Hal recommends. I’ve combined the apps I mention below into a folder on my phone called ‘Miracle Morning’. I’ve arranged them in the order that I use them in the AM. Less thinking the better ?
- Wake up
- I select some motivating music on my iPhone alarm.
- I’m considering one of these rolling alarm clocks that I first saw on Shark Tank. If you press snooze, it jumps off the nightstand and rolls around the room, while sounding a loud alarm. This might be a great solution for my snooze button addiction…pretty sure my husband wouldn’t appreciate this! Umiin Runaway Alarm Clock on Wheels (Pink)
- Start off in the first 5 minutes with a glass or two of water:
- I love these amazing glass water bottles made by my friend’s daughter. They are glass so they don’t have the toxins that are present in plastic or aluminum. Plus, I always love supporting other entrepreneurs! www.amritabottles.com
- Silence: Start the day enjoying your water or coffee and not immediately jumping into electronics – emails, social media, etc.
- I’ve been using a meditation called Meditation Studio (iTunes, $3.99 one-time download)
- I’ve also heard great reviews of an app called Headspace (iTunes, $12.95 per month)
- Or, you can search through YouTube to find the exact meditation that fits your current need. There are 1000’s of options. (YouTube, free)
- Affirmations: State what you want to be true as if it is already true. Do this out loud in a convincing voice and with a confident posture.
- I have been using an app called Unique Daily Affirmations (iTunes, free)
- I’ve also tried (and like) Think Up (iTunes, free + in-app purchases)
- Visualization: visualize your goals, dreams and aspirations. What will it feel like, what will it look like, when they come true.
- I’ve created a vision board with photos and quotes related to the goals I’m working to accomplish.
- I have also written a few paragraphs that vividly describe what my life and our family life will be like in 90 days, 1 year and 5 years as I/we accomplish my/our goals. (When I say vivid, I mean down to what I’m wearing and what the weather is that day). I read this out loud.
- An easy option if you don’t want a vision board or if you travel a lot and won’t be home to look at the board, is to create a simple photo album on your phone with images that relate to your vision.
- I’ve tried a few apps for visualization but haven’t found any I like yet, have you?
- This one is personal preference on what you like for exercise.
- I have just been stretching and then trying to fit in a longer workout later during the day.
- Reading: hammer out 5-10 pages of a book you’ve been wanting to read.
- I’ve been reading a lot of personal development books.
- I like saving books on my Amazon Wish List as I see recommendations, so I can go back and pull them when I’m ready for a new book.
- Scribing: journaling to brainstorm your ideas, write out your gratitudes, just write as things come to you
- I use a soft-cover three ring binder with 3-hole punched paper so I can move it around/organize it later.
- Some people enjoy buying beautiful, hard-cover books to journal. It’s all about your style. (I’m almost always function over style).
- Finalize the schedule/plan for the day:
- I’ve been using the Panda Planner – Panda Planner Weekly – Weekly Planner for Productivity & Happiness- 1 Year Planner – 8.5 x 11″ – Softcover – Weekly Layout, Calendar, Journal, Daily Gratitude, Personal Organizer: All-In-1! Guaranteed
- This is a highly personal choice (look for my earlier blog post on choosing planners for some ideas)
I’d love to hear about other great tools you’ve found for these routines. Please leave a comment below.
Next Steps ➡ Take Action
So many of us have great intentions to put these systems in place but never do. Or, we try and they don’t stick. I can help. Click here to APPLY for a (no cost) Strategy Session with me. We’ll talk through what you’re trying to accomplish, what’s holding you back, and create an ACTION PLAN for you.
* Note: the Amazon links above are affiliate links. I’m not recommending these items to be paid, but because I truly use and love them. If you want to try them, I’d appreciate you using my link.