What's Your Theme?
In This Post – New Month New Goals
- Is it a waste of time to set goals – can you relate to one or more of these goal-setting types?
- My story on how I let my job define my goals, and finally took back my own agenda
- New Month New Goals Time – Set Your Theme
- Example Themes for You
- Downloadable theme images
- Monthly Kick-Off Kit
- Your Take Action List
Is Goal-Setting a Waste of Time?
Do you go through your days, weeks and months on survival mode, with little time to think about, let alone work toward the big picture?
Have you stopped setting goals because you’ve failed to reach them so many times in the past, and you think “why bother?”
Do you accomplish goals assigned to you by someone else, like your company or your boss, but don’t define or achieve the goals you set for yourself?
Do you set goals but quickly forget them?
Or maybe you set goals but you want to take them to the next level. Are you playing small?
Why I Re-Started Setting Goals After Avoiding Them For a LONG Time
Thinking back, I think I stopped setting real goals after I graduated from college. I had landed a prestigious job, and started letting my work define who I was and all of my goals.
As each year went by, I dove further and further into my work, and making sure I met all my targets and received top-notch performance reviews.
I felt successful. In reality, I was just surviving day-to-day through this incredibly stressful job. I was unhealthy, had no energy, and lived for the weekends and 2 week vacations.
All I could handle were the expectations set by my CEO. I was letting someone else drive all my priorities and relying on those results to keep me fueled.
But those weren’t my goals. I had no goals, other than do what it took to be successful at work.
Someone else was defining my priorities, and how I spent my life.
I finally reached my breaking point and decided to take control of my own priorities and agenda. Well, it wasn’t exactly that simple. My husband changed careers and we moved to Hawaii. I was forced to leave my position because of the distance. Even though it felt terrible at the time to leave everything I had built at work, it was the best thing that could have happened. I was finally able to take back control of my own focus.
It’s been so liberating to set my own goals again. Of course, one of my goals is success at my work, but that’s just one aspect now.
My personal focus is much more well-rounded because I’ve taken control and I’m not letting someone else decide for me. I feel hopeful again, kind of like I did back in college.
Can you relate to this journey? Have you taken back control of your own goals? If so, how does it feel? If not, why?
It’s New Month New Goals Time
I want to give you the same push I got when we moved to Hawaii. Take back your own agenda. It’s new month new goals time.
And, the easiest way to start it so make yourself a theme.
How to Keep Your Goals Top of Mind – Set a Theme & Keep It Visible
This is really easy and powerful.
1) Write out the 2-3 things you want to accomplish this month. Think about
- Your own business
- Personal development & learning
2) After you define your goals, find a common theme.
What one word or short phrases sums up what you’re planning to accomplish?
See the bottom of this post for downloadable theme images.
- I Am Present
- Relentless Routines
- Healthy Habits
- Massive Imperfect Action
- I Am Love
- Focused on the Fundamentals
- Pursuing My Passion
- 5am Club
- Eating the Frog
- Leading by Example
- Taking Risks
- Conquering Fear
- Embracing Change
- My Best Self
- Building Connections
- Back to Basics
- Next Level
3) Make Your Theme Visible
Don’t set it and forget it anymore. This is a new month new goals approach.
I save my theme to my phone wallpaper, to a phone album called ‘Morning Success Ritual’, and put it on a stickies on my bathroom mirrors.
Find several prominent spots to save yours.
It’s a new month new goals. I’m excited to hear about your progress!
See the bottom of this post for downloadable theme images.
Next Steps ➡ Take Action
- Download The Monthly Kick-Off Kit: Make Massive Progress This Month (find the free kit download at the bottom of this post)
- Click here to join the conversation over at The Corporate Moms Club on Facebook
- Click here to apply for your (no cost) Strategy Session with me. This is the best way to dive into your goals, what’s holding you back, and to make an action plan to accomplish what you truly want.
The Monthly Kick-Off Kit: Make Massive Progress This Month (find the free kit download at the bottom of this post)
Apply to a free Strategy Session with me
Did You Know?
I’m a success coach for corporate moms.
If you’re reading this, my bet is that you’re an ambitious mom who wants all she can out of life, for herself and for her family.
But, like so many other moms, you might be feeling
- Spread too thin,
- That you’ll never get back on track to the high achiever you used to be.
- You’re in survival mode.
- You might be feeling like you’re failing at everything as a result.
I can relate. I used to be all of these things (and more). But, then I found a coach who helped me get exactly what I wanted
- Belief in myself and my new identity (one that incorporates but isn’t defined by motherhood)
I help other ambitious moms do the same thing.
I work with other ambitious moms like you to create and execute the mindset, strategies and routines that are required get out of survival mode and achieve your goals, both personally and professionally.
Think of it as a re-set for ambitious moms, like you, who want to maximize what you do, who you are, and all you impact, to make the most out of your life. Do you want to:
- Regain control of your current career path
- Create better balance (don’t believe the naysayers, it is possible)
- Migrate to an alternative career path such as part-time or
- Build your own consulting business
The first step is a complimentary Strategy Session where we talk about your goals, your obstacles and create a mini action plan for you.
Click this link to APPLY FOR your free Strategy Session.
This is time focused on you and your goals, and how to get to the next level.
Monthly Kick-Off Checklist
Download the Monthly Kick Off Checklist to Accelerate Your Goal-Getting